Monday, December 31, 2007

13 years and counting.....





We just celebrated 13 years together, years of growing and learning, lots of fun and tears too. I never really knew that I would love being married to my Robb so much, nor did I know the struggles and adjustments that would follow our "I dos". He is a delight to be around and I am thankful for his love and dedication to our little family. He constantly surpasses my expectations as a father, and with all he does to enrich the kids' lives, he still finds time to do things for me that mean a lot. The thought goes through my head almost daily, "I sure hope Lauren can find a husband like Robb." That is my prayer, along with "Please, God...may our 4 boys grow to be Godly men like their father." Christmas was wonderful...we were privileged to spend Christmas Eve with Gramps and Nana before they flew out to PA on Christmas morning. We had snow, which just added to the magic!
Lauren and Nana made pies together...
In the front of the house...winter wonderland!
Robb pulled the kids around the yard on sleds...I don't know who had more fun!
Just before Christmas Eve dinner...Nana and Lauren's hard work paid off!


Christmas Day was delightful. We had friends, Tony and Amy, come for dinner and then the afternoon and evening was spent playing games with them.
We have been enjoying time in the snow, with each other, and with friends. Today we are "on our own" as Tucker is sick. So far, just Tucker! One can always hope that it doesn't move through the family!


Happy New Year to all -"He makes all things new!"

8 comments:

Kimberly said...

Happy Anniversary...(my parents' was today so ya'll are very close!)...Wow! can't believe it's been that long since HSBC days..enjoyed all the pics..the pies, the couple and the family are beautiful! Happy New Year!

jenny said...

Happy Anniversary!!! So good to hear you say "my Robb"...sounds so familiar but haven't heard it for far too long...wish we could see you. I remember so well my first date with Tom and your first date back together with Robb oh so well...we've got the scars to prove it, too!! That night ALWAYS puts a smile on my face!

SheilaDy said...

Happy Anniversary to some of our dearest friends!
Duane and I so love and appreciate you both. You inspire us!
Here is to another 13 years and more!!
Sheila

Tara said...

Happy Anniversary, Julie and Robb! Wow....it really has been that long since college sweetheart days, huh? Time keeps on marchin'. So great to see your beautiful family together, and serving God! In our current culture, I think it's important to celebrate committed marriage when we see it! Blessings...and Happy New Year!

cheriepasbjerg said...

Sounds like he is still a "keeper"! It is so wonderful to see old friends so happy, you have been together for how long now? (dating included) As long as I have known you, Robb has always been there too. You two just go together! Have a wonderful anniversary!

Mary Ellen said...

Happy Anniversary to you both - 13 years is something to celebrate - we'll be celebrating the same number in just four months. "-)

Cher said...

Happy Anniversary! What a sweet tribute to Robb! You have a beautiful family!
Love, Cher

MissTawn said...

Julie...
you don't know me, but I went to high school with Robb. I found the link to your blog on a mutual friend's blog (can't remember which one!) Anyway, just wanted to add my congratulations to everybody else's...congrats on the successful, healthy marriage, and the beautiful family. You can check with Robb to see if he remembers me. :)
God bless,
Tawnya Smith