Sunday, December 9, 2007

A Beautiful Reminder



www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqW795-G8do

I wanted to share something that touched my heart.

I hope you take a moment with your older kids to stop and watch this beautiful video of
"Mary, Did you Know?" sung by Kathy Mattea. (Just click on the above link.) It brings tears to my eyes...such wonderful theology in the simple words ..."this child that you delivered will soon deliver you."

As a mother of a little baby boy this Christmas, I have thought on all the care-taking things she did for Him, all the while knowing that He was the Son of God. She must have been so protective as He began to crawl and move around, that He would stay safe and healthy. She must have worried that He was getting enough to eat and sleeping enough and that He was developing normally. She must have fretted over diaper rashes, teeth coming in and ear infections. She must have wondered why she was chosen for the job of giving so much time and attention to this little one and it must have been bittersweet, knowing that He had a very special mission to accomplish.

I hope you enjoy this reminder of why He came as a little baby in the manger...to be one of us.


God is with us...God is for us...Emmanuel.

4 comments:

SheilaDy said...

BEAUTIFUL!
Thank you for sharing!
Sheila

jenny said...

We're having computer issues....but I look forward to viewing this with the kiddos.

I finally got to see your house decorations using Tom's computer and oh, it looks so pretty, Jules!

Kimberly said...

Sweet thoughts, Julie. And I enjoyed all the pics. Merry Christmas!! (so glad to connect again w/blogging!:)

sarahmfry said...

Beautiful - Thank you!