Saturday, January 12, 2008

Theology from a 5 year old




This week, our Jayce came bounding into the kitchen after his nap and our conversation went like this:


Jayce: God answered "yes" today!

Mom: That's wonderful! What did you pray for?

Jayce: I prayed that my nap would go really fast. That I would just close my eyes and then it would be over. (this was after a 2 1/2 hour nap)


Mom: Jesus loves to hear you pray and ask Him for things.

Jayce: And His answers are "yes", "no" and "wait", it's just that it's reeeeaaaaallly hard to tell the difference between "no" and "wait".


This reminds me of a little song Sue and Sheryl taught us in Children's Church many years ago:


"Sometimes God answers "yes"when we pray.

Sometimes God answers "wait" when we pray.

Sometimes God answers "no" just because He loves us so,

But I know God always answers when we pray."


I think we are in the "waiting" phase on a few things and this was a great reminder to my heart.









7 comments:

SheilaDy said...

I am convinced that God uses our children to speak to us!
Doesn't it warm your heart to know that Jayce independently spoke to God with his little request!

Thank you for sharing, and we are praying about the things you are "waiting" for.

Much love,
Sheila

Kimberly said...

Thanks for sharing this Julie..I need more of Jayce's faith!

Making Memories 1999 said...

Thank you so much for sharing this! Oh, to keep that childlike faith!! Very sweet conversation!

I've enjoyed doing some catching up on your blog. Happy belated anniversary to you all!

Also, thank you for your kind words on my blog. I enjoy having you by for a visit. Have a great day!

jenny said...

Now there is some profound truth! I love those windows when we see a peek into the growing relationship our kids can have with Jesus.

kayla said...

Love this story. Such a good reminder for all of us.

cheriepasbjerg said...

Jules
Isn't it great when your children really start having a "mind of their own" and are pretty profound in their thoughts and ideas. I really look forward to the same conversations in a few years! Very sweet.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Tonight I found your blog and had to read this theology to my husband. We both laughed. So sweet and so deep.

Love you all,
ames