Thursday, August 9, 2007

Days like this I want to remember...

Not all days as a mother are happy, peaceful days - many, but not all! There are some days that I am not satisfied with the way my children have interacted or the way that I have responded. There are some days when one or more children are sick and we have crying in the home. There are some days that I would like to forget ever happened and am so excited to start over the next day!
This wonderful day in McCall. Idaho was not one of them! Robb had a deck to look at and bid, and so we all piled into the car and rode with him. It was so enjoyable to get away, even for a day. We have been camping twice this year, but always with groups of people, so it was nice to just enjoy each other's company. The first part of the day was smoky due to many fires in Idaho and Drew's asthma was bothering him, but by the time we got to the lake with our buckets and shovels, the sky had cleared and it was beautiful!
We were able to rent a little canoe for a couple of hours and we all enjoyed it! Lauren was a bit nervous, even though she is a great swimmer and is in the water a lot. But when her and I got to go out for a while, she really loved it and has asked her dad to try to find one at the thrift store. :) The lake was pristine and so beautiful and peaceful.

The kids and Robb enjoyed building sand castles and Tuck spent a lot of time burying my feet in the sand!
There are no pictures of Preston as he was sleeping most of the time. He has turned into a very happy baby and we are loving having another baby around here!


I think God gives us these days as a time to reflect and appreciate all we have. I certainly did that today, and somehow I think I will remember this day for a very long time.
"Every good and perfect gift comes from above..." James 1:17















7 comments:

cheriepasbjerg said...

Jules
How fun! I am enjoying (trying) the time when Sofie is little but I can't wait until she and Jack are old enough to do the things your kids are doing. I can't think of better fun--for all of you. Love the pic of the kids huggin each other--definately frame material!!

jenny said...

Looks like so much fun! Glad you all got to bond and just "be" with each other. What a gift we are to each other, and what a gift time is as we never know what tomorrow holds. You have always been so good at enjoying the moment, today, accepting it as a gift, and thanking the Giver of all good gifts.

Marty said...

Wow! How fun! Looks like you had a fantastic day!

Kimberly said...

Beautiful pics..i love the hugging one, too. Definately a "remembering" sort of day:)
(Have fun w/Jen...i'm jealous!)

Anonymous said...

What a happy day! Thanks for sharing.

SheilaDy said...

What fun it looks like you had!!
Your children are precious...just like their parents!

Have fun with the family!
Sheila

Making Memories 1999 said...

Have enjoyed "catching up" a little on your blog! Thanks for all the pics - you have a beautiful family!

I also enjoyed seeing Esther and Debbie and their families. Remember Esther from college. Does she still play the flute? I remember how beautifully she played that instrument!! I don't think I've heard anyone play as pretty as she did!! If you talk to her soon, please tell her I said HI!!

Hope you are enjoying a good beginning of the school year!! God bless, friend!