Friday, July 20, 2007

"Look Mom, it's on sale!!"


This was Drew's call to me a few minutes ago when he noticed the "For Sale" sign in our front yard. There are changes coming for us!


After prayer, Robb and I have decided to put our lovely home on the market. We feel a twinge of sadness, but mostly a peace about it. We have lived here for almost 6 years and have brought 3 little boys home from the hospital to live here with us. Our plans are a bit unknown, but we do know that we plan to use some of our equity and pay off hospital bills (our little Preston's NICU bill was $20,000!) and get a home where we can do some work and make money on it. Robb is very talented in invisioning improvements, as well as handy in doing them. And, most importantly, he likes to do that kind of thing! I will be along for the ride!!


In thinking about the home we will buy, my thoughts have been on what I want our home to be. I think it comes down to a place where my children and husband feel LOVED and can be nurtured spiritually, mentally, physically, and socially. I certainly do not need anything fancy to do that. We are praying for guidance and continued peace through the showings and then the changes coming our way. I did ask the realtor, a good friend of ours, if it is hard to sell a home with 5 kids! He said that it can be done! My challenge will be to not create a tense enviroment for the kids, but to have balance in all things.

This song has been running through my head often lately:


Be still my soul, thy God doth undertake

to guide the future as He has the past.

Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;

All now mysterious shall be bright at last.

Be still, my soul;

the waves and wind still know

His voice who ruled them while He dwelt below.

-K. Schlegel




















6 comments:

jenny said...

What inspiring words to read this morning. Julie, you are a fabulous homemaker and mother! You will create a gorgeous home (and I don't JUST mean in the way you decorate)wherever you are. Praying God's guidance will be very real to you in every step of this move!

Marty said...

Wow, that is a very big undertaking! Let me know how it goes! We have thought about putting ours on the market also. The keeping the house cleaned and picked up with 3 kids overwhelms me!

Like Jenny said, I'm sure you have ALREADY created a wonderful home. Remember, Home is where you are all together!

Have a great weekend! I am loving catching up with you!

The Dickinsons said...

Julie, Your home and lawn are beautiful! That's sad that y'all are selling it, but I believe that God will provide y'all another nice place in His time. I know a little of the feelings of uncertainty of where or what the future will hand you, but isn't it GREAT to know that God never leaves us nor forsakes us?! We'll be looking forward to hearing the updates. =)

Thanks for your sweet comment. I wish I could live a little closer to teach your girl(s) [not sure how many you have] how to sew. Is there someone in your church that could give them a few fun lessons on making simple things? I hope so.

Trust you have a great Lord's day,
Love, Heather =)

Kimberly said...

I am not a very good mover..I'm still unpacking from the very chaotic move from Ky. to here in La.!! But definately agree that it doesn't take "stuff" or even big, beautiful spaces to create a safe place of belonging. Hope the process goes well for ya'll!

cheriepasbjerg said...

Home is where your husband and children are. They are beautiful and you I am sure are a awesome mom! Good luck on your move, I am praying you make some good money on it!

Cara said...

Wow! That was fast. When I talked to you the other week--or whenever it was, I got the impression that you weren't going to do this for a few months. You are one brave lady! But I know that you'll do just fine!