Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Aunts, Uncles, Cousins.......

Fun with cousins
The kids had a blast keeping cool in the pool!
Josiah, Kristen, and Lauren
Siblings and Friends


Tucker and Solomon
Kristen, Josiah, Lauren, Cassie and Drew
Mark and Esther
Debbie, PJ and Esther
The dads and the babies (2 months apart)



The Whelchel family
The Degelman family











All the cousins (PJ was in taking a nap): Josiah, Lauren, Preston, Kristen, Cassie, Drew, Laural Ann, Solomon, Silas, Jayce, and Tucker





















The highlight of our summer so far was 4 fabulous days spent with 2 of Robb's sisters and their wonderful families! We were so excited to have Esther and Mark and kiddos come from Alaska, as well as Debbie, Scott and kids come from Colorado for our "reunion" (although we greatly missed Kathy and kids!!!). It had been at least four years for most of our family to see Esther's family, but all the cousins quickly got acquainted and loved being together. There were 18 in all....6 adults and 12 kids!!! But, everything went unbelievable smooth and everyone really helped out (thanks again, girls, for the delicious meals!!). Mark had never been to Idaho and was a bit apprehensive about the heat. We have been having record-breaking temperatures and most days it was over 100 degrees, but he was such a trooper and never complained! It was wonderful to get to know Esther's children better as they have grown into little adults. They were just delightful to be around and so very patient with the smaller children. We have so much to learn from Esther and Mark as parents. Scott and Debbie are also amazing parents to 4 little ones, ages 4 and under, and they do a terrific job of balancing everything and working together as a team. Debbie's energy seems endless!!



We packed our days full to the brim and loved just being together and getting to know each other again. We are incredibly thankful for family who loves God and shares our faith. We know that this is a true blessing from God! How wonderful it will be in Heaven when we will all be together forever and we won't have to say goodbye!!! This was indeed a precious time of sharing memories, roots, and dreams.











8 comments:

kayla said...

We are actually staying at Rochenda's house. She and Brent are going to be out of town and offered us their house. Sorry about Mon night. We will be arriving either Fri or Sat and Rochenda wanted us to get some time together before they leave on Sun. We can talk more at the reunion. Can't wait to see you.

jenny said...

I loved the pics! Esther and Debbie's families are both so beautiful.

Mary Ellen said...

It was SO great to see the girls and their families. I've known them forever (since I was a very, very young girl) then went to college with Esther and was in high school when Debbie was in college. I'm so glad you posted those! It looks like you had a great time.

Marty said...

Julie,
Love all the family pics...I remember your sister-in-laws from when my oldest sister, Cheryl, went to HSBC! They are beautiful ladies and the kids are so adorable! It's hard to believe that Esther's can be that age! I guess we are getting older...sad!Ha! I'm glad you had a great time with family..we are truly blessed!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and your comments were very sweet! Thank you! (I won't give a close up shot thou,,,you will definetely see the age! Ha!)

It is great keeping in touch with you again!!!

Marty said...

ooops! I meant Esther's kids...not her! Sorry!ha!

The Dickinsons said...

Julie, I'm so glad that Robb's sisters and families got to come and visit y'all! HOW FUN! I know how it is, for my family lives so far away from each other and we only can get together once every few years, but those times when we get together are always such a BLAST!! I enjoyed seeing the pics and reading about y'all's time together.

Love, Heather =)

BeBe said...

Wow Jules, you have had some incredibly fun company this summer. It was so neat to see the pictures of Debbie and Esther's families. I remember when their whole family used to come through Pennsylvania when Kathy was in school at the university my dad taught at. I think we took them down the river a few times. Fun memories. I too can't believe how big Esther's kids are, they look like they are almost teenagers.

I have been begging Tom and Jen to come to Texas since I still can't travel after my back injury this spring. Jen is going to come bring Issac next weekend and then we are hoping everyone can come for a vacation in September to see Aunt BeBe!! Having family come visit is so fun for me as living clear down here in Texas I don't get many visitors so when they are able to come it is really special to share my life here with them firsthand.

Tara said...

I loved seeing the pics of the fam. Definitely faces from my past, too! I remember all the French gals being in school, dating, etc.....! I'm happy for them all to have such beautiful families. What a great bunch of kids you had for a reunion. It's just not nearly as fun without plenty of kiddos!