Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Ready and waiting...

Life, however crazy and insane as it is now, will soon change!

We are so excited to meet our new little one, and our days have been busy starting school to get ahead a little, putting up the crib and cradle, washing little girl clothes, putting food in the freezer, rearranging the suburban to make room for another car seat, buying groceries, and packing a diaper bag. Though the days (and nights) are somewhat long and uncomfortable, I have been reminded today of what a privilege it is to carry this little one. I realize, once again, that every kick I feel is a miracle and every hiccup a blessing, as I read about a couple who just lost their unborn child. (Mark and Beka at www.more-love-to-thee.blogspot.com/. ) I do not know this young couple, but I can feel their pain as they speak of their journey. I can also feel their submission to our Father as they, who do not understand His ways, bless His name through their sorrow.

As Robb and I were on our date last Friday night, he asked me if our children were totally committed to God. We frequently talk of this, as we know that they are not ours, but just gifts that we have with us for a time. Robb and I also talked of how life would be unbearable if something should happen to one of them, and we had not tried to keep that in mind. We love them, all six(!), but strive to remember that they are God's children, not ours. We don't know what a day will bring, and today, instead of grumbling about my uncomfortable state, I will thank Him for this time.

Update from the OB Doc: She's a big girl and weighs 7 lbs. 10 oz. as of Monday. She is measuring about 2 weeks ahead. The Dr. will induce me on Aug. 20th if I have not had her yet, so even though that is still two weeks away, there is an end in sight! We ( a good friend and I) got to see her in her quiet little world...it was fun to watch her little hands by her face! Robb is sitting on "go" and is ready for it all to be over (or for it all to start!). He has been such a help with the other children, and just a big encouragement (as always). These are good days!

8 comments:

Lucydolls' ramblings said...

Julie ~ I read your blog in utter amazement. You are an awesome loving mommy, it is so neat to see your family all grown up and with such great little families of their own.
Congrats on your new girl. I read your blog with tears, you are so right these children are Gods and He has chosen you and Robb to be their parents and He knows you will be the best for them. Isn't that a priviledge?
Thanks for sharing your life with others, you are definately an inspiration.
Lots of love
Lisa

Mary Ellen said...

Wow, hard to believe that time is here already.

I'm so glad God is blessing your family with a second girl - keep us posted!

Kimberly said...

I'm excited to see pics. of the new little French! It's been fun getting to come along on this journey with you, just a little! Hugs and prayers!

Cara said...

Julie,

I remember those days of waiting and worrying about how it was all going to happen. (I never did have normal labors) But at least you have an end in sight. And it is wonderful that you are having a girl. We didn't find out what Karis was and when she first came out--part way--Jamey referred to her as a he. Then the doctor quickly corrected him as the rest of Karis emerged! I was so happy! I know that a boy would have been fine, but I've so enjoyed my girls--probably because I had boys first!

I'll be praying and thinking about you these next couple of weeks. Can't wait to hear all about the new little girl.

jenny said...

We are counting down the days with you...you are literally on my mind each day! Many prayers for an "easy" labor and delivery.

Maybe Tom will get to see your new little sweetpea should she choose to make an early appearance. I long to see you all!!

Anonymous said...

I remember well the feelings of those last few weeks. I'll be thinking of you and praying for you as you continue to count down to baby day!

Jackie said...

What a beautiful post! We're counting down the days with you. Much love to you all.

Dara and Tico said...

oh! that is so exciting that the date has almost arrived! I think alot about the blessing of having children...I waited a long time for this blessing and I know it is a miracle and a gift. It is important to keep that perspective! congratulations on being an awesome mom! You amaze me! ;-)