Sunday, July 6, 2008

Independence Day...

Our 4th of July was wonderful! The more kids we have, the more fun holidays are (no worries, we are stopping with six!). Our day consisted of work and play...
in the sandbox...



preparing food...
swimming in the pool...
painting on the house...
our traditional supper: grilled chicken, potatoes, corn-on-the-cob, dipped strawberries, watermelon, and homemade ice cream...(the belly is getting big!)



Later, we went to a local stadium for an awesome fireworks display! They were fabulous and made us so proud to be Americans!



May God bless America!!!
Update on us: Last July we put our house on the market. We have recently taken it off due to various circumstances. The renter of our little guest house in the backyard has recently moved out and we are transforming that space into a studio where I can teach piano again. (I have done that before out of the house, but it became increasingly difficult with the children in the home.) We are planning that I will teach a couple of hours a day, while the little ones are sleeping and hopefully, they will not even notice that I am gone! Being with the kids all day (as I school at home) allows me to be away from them for a couple of hours without missing out on their lives. We are praying that God blesses this and gives us wisdom to balance the things in our lives.
We would certainly appreciate your prayers as well!

4 comments:

Making Memories 1999 said...

Looks like you all had fun! What great family pictures.

I'm glad it's working out for you to teach piano. And right there near home!

Mary Ellen said...

Enjoyed all the pictures - you look great!

That is so nice you can teach in your own backyard, how wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun Independence Day. And I'll echo what Mary Ellen said - you look great! I can't believe this will be your 6th! You people with so many kids amaze me because it is all I can do to manage 2!

I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well.

Dara and Tico said...

oh Julie your little family is soo pretty! Lauren is just the cutest little lady now! She reminds me so much of you when we first met. No, unfortunately we weren't able to get tickets for my dad's wedding. But we did get tickets for early November so I hope we can meet up then. We will be in Idaho for just under a week. No doubt we will be visiting my dad and new step mommy so that may be near where you live. I think that is a great idea about you teaching for a couple hours a day. Good luck with that. God bless you as your due date draws near. You have been through this so many times that you're a pro, I am sure. I am scared to death of that part of this pregnancy...just trying to psych myself up from now until then! ;-) much love to you and the family!! Dara