Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Giving Thanks

"Praise God from whom all blessings flow..."



This is the sentiment from my very thankful heart tonight. We just dropped Robb off at the airport as he is heading out tonight to Alaska to attend his sister's (Kathy) wedding and be with his family for Thanksgiving. We were sad to see him go, but so glad that this worked out for him and he can be there to celebrate with his sis and see his family there. The days will go by quickly, I'm certain, and the kids are already talking about whose turn it is to sleep with mom.

Our plans for tomorrow include a lazy breakfast of egg casserole and fruit, playing around the house, eating dinner with friends, and Nana and Gramps coming in tomorrow evening (their plans were changed due to a big snow storm in Montana).



As I sit here in a warm house with the smell of praline apple pie baking, I look at my children, bathed and in their cozy PJs, watching a movie, and I am thankful for all I have. The list is incredibly long...every good thing in my life comes from my Heavenly Father. He has been teaching me this year to practice a thankful heart every day, not just on Thanksgiving. Some days this is harder than others, but the little song is so true: "A thankful heart is a happy heart" and my attitude is a great gauge and reminder to me to stop and count the blessings in my life. It really changes everything! My prayer is that this year finds my heart thankful many more days and moments than not!





"Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others."

Philosopher Cicero

1 comments:

jenny said...

What great thoughts....that was inspiring to read. I'm so glad you found a few moments to reflect (and share them with us). Hope that the weekend goes easy for you and I can't wait to hear about the wedding!!!!