Friday, October 26, 2007

Kids "hard at work"

Wow! When mom leaves for the evening, interesting things happen at the French household! I must say that Robb is wonderful to watch the kids for the evening so that I can go to a meeting, book club, or just "out". He loves the chance to be with the kids and never complains. He does, however, have a knack for marrying work and play and the kids are usually always involved in a project when left with dad. Though they end up working, they always have a great time with it (so unlike when they are left with mom and it's time to work; there is little play involved, I'm sad to say). This particular night was the night of the BSU football game, thus the earphones on Robb's neck and Jayce's shirt (he faithfully finds his shirt and changes on the night of games).

While Lauren and Drew actually applied red paint to the trim of our outbuildings, Jayce and Tucker spent some time "painting water" onto the side of the building. I thought that was quite clever of Robb. It sure made clean-up easier!
I know that the kids will always remember these times with Dad and I am so thankful for the wonderful father and husband we are all blessed to have in our lives.

3 comments:

cheriepasbjerg said...

What a great idea of "painting" water. Those times with dad are awesome.

jenny said...

Way to go, Dad! Robb is an outstanding one.

I bet the trim looks great, love that color...are you busy with showings?

Cara said...

Hey Julie,

Fun pictures of the kids and Robb. I love seeing pictures of your kids. I can't believe that Lauren is 10!!! She looks just like you. Jamey always says she is a little Julie. That is so nice that you get a night away every so often. Jamey and I work on it, but it doesn't happen as often as we'd like. But that is life! I'm enjoying my kids now, but I see friends whose kids are old enough to leave alone and I am just thinking that it will be really fun to get to that stage. Can you say freedom? =)