Thursday, October 18, 2007

10th Birthdays and Violin Music

Our sweet Lauren turned 10 this week! It is hard to believe that she has been with us a decade now...she adds so much love and enjoyment to our lives! My parents were coming to town for a Dr. appt. the day before her birthday, and her violin teacher had been on us for her to do her violin recital, so we made quick plans and had the recital Monday night. 18 people were here to hear her play 19 songs form memory (well, she had to peek to play one Gavotte). She played beautifully and the recital ended with Lauren and her teacher playing a rousing rendition of "How Great Thou Art". It was a gorgeous arrangement and they were several wet eyes. I accompanied her on the piano and my arms were tired ...I'm sure hers were too!
After all of that hard work, it was time to open presents! She loves the Andy Griffith shows and received 2 DVDS.
Also, a fun new Nancy Drew scrapbook...
These pictures are out of order, but this is the next night on her "real" birthday when we took her friend Meredith and went bike riding on the Boise Greenbelt. The fall colors were amazing!!

Here she is before playing, feeling nervous. Gramps calmed her down and told her that everyone was on her side, cheering for her!

Two special ladies from church; our children's pastor, Pastor Michelle, and Rachel, who worked with Lauren in Kids Praise Team.
More of the "audience"...Lauren's biggest supporters!
Her daddy and Nana made the table so pretty.
We are so proud of our girl! She is a treasure and we can see the "fingerprints of God" when we look at her!

10 comments:

jenny said...

Everything looked so, so pretty. Wish we could have been there.
18 songs!!!! that is unbelievable...but knowing Lauren as I do, I totally believe it!

Tara said...

So sweet, Julie! Sounds like such a special night...and we know first hand how special those first-born "Laurens" are! :) Sounds like our girls are into the same things, too. Our Lauren loves Andy Griffith shows, and LOVES American girl stuff, too!
Blessings on you today.

P.s. Your home looked beatiful.

cheriepasbjerg said...

She is your twin, mini me! How fun I am dying to get Sofie started on her music lessons--got a few years yet. I am so impressed 18 songs! What a cutie pie, just want to kiss her up and hug on her. I bet you do all the time! xoxoxo

SheilaDy said...

What a beautiful girl Lauren is!
Please tell her we are proud of her too!
I am loving the fruit and cake display...very pretty, and nicely put together!

We have much to be thankful for, don't we, Julie?
Much love,
Sheila

Kimberly said...

So sweet!! Would love to have heard the music! I'm loving the DVD's, doll w/violin, and that a brother is helping to hold the doll...too cute!

shauna said...

It looks beautiful! I am glad you got to have a special night for her. We thought of her on her birthday! Lauren is a wonderful girl - we love her and are so proud of her as well!

Marty said...

How wonderful to have a daughter love music like her mommy and daddy! I know you realize how blessed you are with such a beautiful little girl. I am very impressed about 18 songs...memorized!! How special for the two of you to play together!

kayla said...

Happy Birthday Lauren! Anyone who is into Andy Griffith has to be cool. My boys are also big fans.

Making Memories 1999 said...

Wow, other children who are Andy Griffeth fans!!! :-) I love it!! My two play "Andy" and "Barney"! Is there a cure for this? :-)

Happy belated birthday and congratulations to Lauren on a job well done!! (Sorry I'm late, but I'm enjoying some "catching up" on your blog.) I love the American Girl doll with a violin!!! Our Sunshine Girl would love that!! Blessings on you and your family!

sarahmfry said...

This encourages me to keep trucking with Kayla's violin training (we're still Twinkling!)and everything-else-training, too! Your daughter is beautiful. And I don't blame her for peeking on Gavotte....