Sunday, January 25, 2009

My Bro...









Happy Birthday to my most wonderful brother! I always loved having a big brother, the stronger and wiser one.




  • He always knows how to make me laugh (and I mean LAUGH!) and think...two very good things.


  • He made my world feel like a safer place, just by being there.


  • He showed kindness when I can just imagine irritation was his first reaction.


  • He showed love and respect to his parents always, something I hope my boys do.


  • He made a great choice in a wife - my best friend! :)


I have not been able to live around Tom since college days, but have observed his life as he is now a husband and father. He is a very tender, compassionate father and a very loving husband to Jenny. I'm not amazed at all by the man he has become...he has lived his whole life as he is living it today. I am so glad for the influence he is for my kids and only wish I could be near him more. I'm blessed to call him my brother!

4 comments:

jenny said...

You made me cry! He is an incredible man that I am thankful to share life with each day. We've been blessed to share an incredibly relaxing day together...enjoyed the b-day burgers at Red Robin (always Tom's fav)!

One of the little things I adore about him is how he loves to tell the same stories...and gets SO cracked up by them...you can't help but join in laughing. You and Tom's travels back and forth to Hobe are some of those stories he loves to recall.

Julie, what beautiful words...I think I caught a tear in Tom's eye over my shoulder as well. Love you!

Kimberly said...

Kuddos to Tom...a very good man!!

CharleneOwensMomof2 said...

What a sweet tribute to your brother. I always thought Tom was a great guy, and still do. It was nice seeing him a few short months ago...his smiling face across church. Your parents did well, because you and Tom are both really great people!

cheriepasbjerg said...

Jules,
I haven't been on the blog sites in awhile and it was nice to catch up. The baby is already getting so big. I totally have baby fever and if it were up to me right now, I would totally have another. Love reading about your life!