Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A little bit of heaven...
















































































































Well, we have made it a little over three months with 6 kids in the house, and we are all fairing pretty well! Life is very full and busy, and I won't pretend that every day has been one of pure joy. There have been many "hard" days (it's all relative, I know), with so many needs, messes everywhere all through the day by an 18 month old, Robb's long hours away at work (sooo thankful for work), keeping up our attendance and progress with schooling at home, all the interrupted nights of sleep with a newborn, maintaining church commitments, practicing violin with three kids, and still trying to look for those teachable moments with the kids.




But amidst all the loudness and true chaos, I have seen little glimpses of what God intended a family to be...learning together, looking out for one another, pitching in when Mom is occupied...I have seen the kids grow so close and learn to really enjoy each other. I have seen my sweet husband, getting home at 10:00 at night, after working all day, and then going to the kitchen to do dishes that were left from supper (something I never wanted my husband to have to do). I have been a part of "midnight dates" with my sweetie and the baby, just to get some time together. And I have seen the family of God, helping us out when we needed it, and encouraging us along our journey.


God has been at work teaching me things these last few months! I have definitely learned about priorities...Robb and I are almost daily asking each other, "What is the most important thing?" I have learned that a clean house is not! I have had to forgo some things, just to meet the very basic needs of my family, and some of my friendships have suffered (sorry, guys!). But I have learned to rely not on my strength (sometimes it's just not there), but on His strength! It has been amazing! This has been quite a lesson for this independent spirit!
I know one day I'll look back and thank God that I had 6 children; come to think of it, that day is already here! Here are a few pictures from our crazy, wonderful months...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lessons...not usually fun but oh so valuable! Love all the pics. You do have such cuties!! Great costumes. =) I wish you much grace and lots of fun as you continue to enjoy your house full.

A very Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Kim M. said...

Wow, I keep thinking .... you are so blessed!

Btw... I can't get over how much your one son (in the plaid blue shirt) looks like your husband! His hair lays exactly the same way. That is just the neatest thing ever! :-D

Cara said...

Aw Jules, love the post--all the pics are darling. I don't have 6, but I have 4 and I can identify with the craziness! Glad to hear that you guys are surviving. It is interesting how mother teaches us how much we lack--not always a fun lesson, but a necessary one. Love ya and hope your Thanksgiving break is good!

Cara said...

Had a mess-up because my kid was distracting me while I was typing (how ironic)--I meant to say that it is interesting how motherhood teaches us how much we lack. Not mothers--lol.

Anonymous said...

What a great post and good to hear you are surviving - even enjoying the chaos. Your kids are so cute! I enjoyed seeing all the pictures. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday!

Anonymous said...

I love all these pictures and I love the honesty. I can only imagine that ther would be a few "hard" times and I think I would just give up if you didn't have any difficult times...especially with so many personalities under one roof. I hope the piano lessons are working out for you.

Tara said...

I enjoyed all the pics so much, Julie. And I appreciated hearing your honest heart come through as you shared the reality of life. Fact is, it ain't always pretty...no matter the size of the household! But I think you're doing a beautiful job, and your children will rise and call you blessed one day!

And thank God for helpful hubbies...where would we be w/out them?!?

Dara and Tico said...

oh that is such a good post. I worry alot that I would not be able to handle things with such grace and pois...as you do. I always brag about you to my friends...cuz your my only friend that has 6 kids! I think it is amazing! God's grace is amazing! I was sorry I couldn't catch up with you when I was there in ID...it was such a short time to try and see everyone. And then whatever night it was that I tried to contact you I decided to text you b/c it was after 10 and I didn't want to wake any of your angels...so I spent forever writing a text cuz I wasn't familiar with my dad's phone. Anyway, Tico and Tiffany kept teasing me cuz it was taking me so long...and by the time I finally got it written (after deleting it once) and sent...I got a reply straight back saying this was a landline!!!!! I am so silly! so it was past 11 by then and I decided we better wait till tomorrow. We had quite a laugh over that tho! ;-) your little brood are just adorable. You and Lauren look like sisters! Take care and keep courageous...you are doing a good job! love, Dara

jenny said...

Loved all the new pics. Preston's hair is changing his looks so much...what a cutie!!!! And I just never tire of seeing Lauren & Claire together...so sweet.

Besides marriage, motherhood is the greatest school of sanctification I know...it has shown me so many areas that are lacking in my life, but also exposed me to the holiness of God working in my life that otherwise I never would have known.

I can't believe how long it's been since we've seen each other...nor how long it's going to be until we do! Missing you...

cheriepasbjerg said...

Aww...Jules, those babies are so sweet and the little one is really showing her personality now. They are all so wonderful.

Maresa said...

stumbled across your blog. You have a beautiful family.