Monday, May 12, 2008

Blessed...

Here is the guy who rose up early and called me "blessed!" Thanks so much, honey!!




Three great blessings in my life...




  • being the wife of Robb...I would not want to share this journey with any other


  • being the mother to five (almost 6) delightful little ones and experiencing the joy that comes with knowing each one


  • being the daughter of my mother who invested so much into my life (and now invests in my children's lives every chance she gets)




Yesterday was a wonderful day, not because we did anything spectacular, but because we were all together. That always makes for a good day! (We did get to go bike riding on the greenbelt Saturday evening.) Robb and the kids spoiled me by fixing breakfast and not letting me change even one diaper!



I did miss being with my mother yesterday...it seems like so long ago that we shared Mother's Day together. I am thinking of her especially this weekend as she will be having a hip-replacement surgery tomorrow afternoon and is really dreading it! Please pray for peace and quick healing for her tomorrow. I really wish I could be there with her, but she has some good friends coming to be with her. I hope to make the trip soon to see her.



Another person I have been thinking about this weekend is my dear mother-in-law, Hattie. She gave me the greatest gift by raising her son to be a man of deep character and love. I so wish I could have known her longer and better; she had so much to teach me. I loved the days I did spend with her and there are so many times when I wish our children could know her and her dear ways. Heaven is definitely sweeter and I can hardly wait for the reunion!









7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a special day! Your breakfast looked yummy. :) So happy for the blessings God has sent your way.

CharleneOwensMomof2 said...

Happy Mother's Day Julie! I was not suprised in the least to see Rob making that special and yummy looking breakfast for you. I always thought Rob was such a thoughtful guy. I remember when you all were in school here and I would get him lots and lots of free samples of some of the medicine's he needed to try to save him a bunch of money, since I worked at the doctors' office and got them free. I will never forget how, more than once, I would get a beautiful bouquet of flowers from him as a thank you. He is a good guy and you all make a perfect match. Your kids are adorable as well! Aren't we so blessed?!?!

jenny said...

Happy Mother's Day to a superb mom--you bless your extended family as well by your example!

Many prayers for Mom this afternoon!!!

cheriepasbjerg said...

Jules,
I still can't get over how much your daughter looks just like you. When I am looking sometimes I have to take a double take and then I realise it is her or you. So amazing the resemblance is. Happy mother's day!

Verla said...

I am sure that Hattie would be very proud of the way her family has turned out. In New Mexico and Hobe Sound she was like a mother hen protecting and yet teaching her little ones some very important lessons. She was one special person.

cheriepasbjerg said...

Hey email me your address and I will send you my jumpy thing. Jack will be out of it by the time your little one will be into it!
xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

What a great guy Robb is! So glad you had a happy Mother's Day!