Saturday, June 30, 2007








Scroll down to read story about pictures....

































































Last weekend we packed and packed and packed and finally headed out of town to go camping with our small group from church. Robb and I have been leading this group for about a year and a half. We love them all so much! The peculiar thing about our group is that it is not all that small...we have 27 in our group! 9 adults and 18 children! Thankfully we all made it to the mountains after one dear family (with 7 of the 18 children) blew a tire and had to spend the night somewhere else. Our days were filled with swimming, hiking, enjoying the creeks and hot springs, cooking, eating and visiting around the campfire. And for the most part, all of the kids had playmates! We tent-camped for the first time as we felt that we were out-growing our pop-up camper. We let another family of 4 use it and they loved it. The tent was cozy and very large. It was great to get away and enjoy the beauty of the God's earth! Then came the repacking and the unpacking.......






8 comments:

Marty said...

Julie,

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I am so glad that you FINNALLY join this blogging world. It is great to see pics of you beautiful family! We are truly blessed aren't we?!

Keep in touch and I'll check back often to read about your life!

Marty

The Dickinsons said...

Saw your post on my cousin Marty's blog, so I stopped by to say Hi! =)

You and Robb have a nice family. I think it's been since the summer of 1996 (when y'all had that anniversary party for Robb's parents in the park in AK) since we've seen y'all!

We are doing great, and are missionaries in Colombia, South America!
So, our life is interesting...with kids, and in a foreign country....we never have a dull moment. =) Isn't it GREAT being a Mommy?! I loved your little saying about those fresh from Heaven loving us! So Cute!

Have a wonderful weekend in Jesus.
Heather =)

Kimberly said...

Glad you've joined this little world!:) So good to catch up on your family..beautiful!! Love to All!

Anita Marie said...

Dear Julie,

Good to see you on Blogger. I look foward to seeing more pictures of your family.

jenny said...

Jewell Sweeeet,

I am SO ecstatically happy to see you've decided to take the plunge! Your blog looks great and I'm so jealous you all got to go camping in the mountains--talk about a great small group!!

SheilaDy said...

Julie,
Thank you for so sweetly responding to my blog.
I love the pictures of your precious children on yours!

Have a beautiful day,
Sheila

Tara said...

YEAH! You have a blog and PICS! So nice to see your beautiful family.
I appreciate so much your stopping by my blog to 'visit' and leave your very gracious comments. This blogging thing has proven to be good in so many ways; not just for re-connecting and 'silly' fun, but also for sharing some great heart to heart info. I will look forward to more sharing with you!

The Dickinsons said...

Hey, Julie, Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! It was fun hearing from you! That means a lot to our family that you and the kids pray for our family at breakfast time! We could not be here if it weren't for the prayers of people like your family! =) Thanks bunches!

That is soooo neat that 2 of Robb's sisters get to come to your house this weekend. I'm so glad that y'all get together. With our family living all over the world...I can understand about not being able to get together very often. =) Is is Kathy, or Debbie that's coming with Esther? Please tell them that we said hello...though I'm not sure they'll remember me...just tell them Andrew and Lincoln's baby sister, Heather said hello! =D Thanks! I hope y'all have a wonderful time together.

Take care, Love,
Heather =)