Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Winter Happenings...

I thought I would add a few pictures of our winter so far...I have not done well with keeping up with pictures. Our New Year started off with a church-wide Pirates Party from "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything" Veggie Tales movie. It has a great message about what true heroes really are! Here Drew and his best bud, Spencer, are making treasure maps.Jayce plays a game with our senior pastor, Pastor Darrell Wiseman. Later in Jan. we headed up the mountain with dear friends, the Mullins, to stay in a lovely cabin and play in the snow. The kids had a blast being together, and sledding and snowmobiling. Notice our unique "sleds"- the entire town of McCall, Idaho was sold out of sleds. But these turned out to be the best!!!! They were very fast!


In January, the three oldest kids wanted to participate in our school's Spelling Bee. There were about 80 students who participated. We were so proud of all of them for trying! Jayce ended up as the Kindergarten champ...his winning word was "THAT". It has certainly piqued interest in spelling in our house!










All of the kids are enjoying their sibling. Preston is so fun and always seems to have someone playing with him. What did I do when I just had one? Happy winter days to you all! May spring be not too far away!






6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Julie! I'm Debbie (West) Stewart, I grew up in Hobe Sound and know your hubby's family. So it is so cool to bump into you guys. I'm more Esther's age as she was a year ahead of me in school and in my brother's class. So would you do me a favor and spread my hello out to the rest of Rob's family for me as well? I'll be back to check up on you to see how you guys are doing.

Mary Ellen said...

It's hard to imagine others are sledding in the snow when we were just swimming in a pool two days ago!

Wasn't the Veggie Tale movie cute? Much better than the other one on the big screen (Jonah) we all thought. What a cute idea for your church to do all that other fun stuff.

Enjoyed your update and pictures.

julie f said...

Hi, Debbie! Welcome! I have heard your name before and I will pass on greetings to the family! This bloggin' world is a small world!

Mary, yes the movie was so good. Our church actully purchased the VBS cirriculum and we have been using that in our teaching time on Sunday morning for a few weeks now. It is a great series!
Enjoy the sunshine...when I look at your blog, I get an excitement for summer! But for now, we'll be content with cold weather!!

jenny said...

I've had a renewed interest in Veggies after recently seeing Phil Vischer at a conference...I didn't realize that he is still working on their projects even though it is now owned by Warner Bros. Really, really humbling and inspiring to hear his heart.

Sledding pics in the mountains looked like SO much fun!

WAY TO GO Jayce!!! Super job, buddy...I'll be sure to tell Si...he will be very excited to hear you were top place.

We'll be praying for Preston's little legs.

Julia said...

Julie;
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I don't think I have ever been to yours and I so enjoyed "cathing up" on your life as well.

Congrats on the new little one. I'm sure your older ones will be a big help. What fun!

The Dickinsons said...

Julie,
Congrats on baby #6! I'm sure that that was a surprise...but I know that God will make this baby a blessing to your family...and you will have lots of helpers. =D I hope that you are not nauseated with this one, for that would be hard with other kids to take care of. Enjoyed catching up on your blog.

Weeks ago you signed my blog and asked me a question, and I'm just now getting to answer your question. Sorry! Between being a tired month pregnant lady and our 2 girls working their HEADS off to get as much school work done as possible, I haven't had too much computer time.

Your question was about my ob/gyn care I have received here in Colombia. To make a long complicated story short...due to the spooky medical system here in Colombia (Socialized medicine) both Phillip and I felt more comfortable in NOT seeing a baby doctor here in Colombia, than in seeing one...so I have not seen any doctors here. Lord willing I have an appointment in about 3 weeks in the GOOD OLE USA! YEA! =) We cannot wait to see the ultrasound of our precious little baby, we're so excited! =)
Hoping all is well your way!